Follow these steps to get started:
- Sign up for an account on our flight scheduler - Flight Circle
- When approved, upload the required documents to your account (see this page for guidance on how to do so):
- Signed rental agreement
- Pilot certificate (front & back)
- Medical certificate
- Insurance policy/certificate
- Schedule a block of time with an aircraft (if renting) and/or an instructor during an open block (not grayed-out).
- Purchase non-owned aircraft (renter's) insurance (required if flying solo - not required for helicopter pilots). See this page for details.
Lavion Aero's aircraft and simulator are all useful in achieving additional ratings and currency. Some of the most popular are:
- New! Multi-engine ratings in our Piper Twin Comanche!
- Garmin 430W with HSI and Century 2000 autopilot
- Liberty XL-2: Garmin 530/430 combo, Aspen PFD 1000 Pro, and STEC 30 autopilot.
- Excellent instrument trainer/rental, also qualifies as a TAA (for commercial certificate).
- Grumman Cheetah: Dynon HDX PFD & D10 backup (no steam gauges), Avidyne IFD440 GPS.
- Excellent instrument trainer/rental
- Redbird FMX AATD: steam gauge (with Garmin 530/430 combo) and Garmin G1000 panel options.
- Loggable for 20 of the 40 hrs for instrument, 50 hrs toward commercial, and 25 hrs toward ATP.
- Legal for maintaining instrument currency without an instructor.
If you haven't already, sign up for an account on our scheduler - Flight Circle.