New Flight Student Information
Step-by-Step Guide to Get Started
These are designed as an easy-to-follow guide for getting started. If you have any questions don't hesitate to call, email, or text.
- Watch Aviation 101, FREE online introduction to aviation produced by Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University - www.aviation101.org
- Decide on which plane to fly in - See the FAQ page for some additional guidance on choosing the best aircraft for you.
- Schedule a discovery flight if you're completely new to aviation or small aircraft OR sign up for an account on Lavion Aero's flight scheduler - Flight Circle, and schedule a lesson with an available instructor.
- Read, sign, and return the Lavion Aero rental & training agreement. Visit this page for instructions on how to download and upload files from/to Flight Circle.
- Procure a ground training course. We recommend the Sporty's Private Pilot Learn to Fly Course and we give you a $50 credit on your account if you purchase the course through us. Just email or call for more information.
- Purchase non-owned aircraft insurance (if desired). See this page for more details and an easy link to purchase.
- Get a flight physical - this does NOT have to be done before you start flying.
436 44th St SE (at the Coencentra Medical Center)
If you're looking to finance your flight training, here are some possible sources for pilot training financing: