New Flight Student Information
Step-by-Step Guide to Get Started
These are designed as an easy-to-follow guide for getting started. If you have any questions don't hesitate to call, email, or text.
- Watch Aviation 101, FREE online introduction to aviation produced by Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University - www.aviation101.org
- Decide on which plane to fly in - See the FAQ page for some additional guidance on choosing the best aircraft for you.
- Schedule a discovery flight if you're completely new to aviation or small aircraft, OR sign up for an account on Lavion Aero's flight scheduler - Flight Circle, and schedule a lesson with an available instructor.
- Read, sign, and return the Lavion Aero rental & training agreement. Visit this page for instructions on how to download and upload files from/to Flight Circle.
- Procure a ground training course. We recommend the Sporty's Private Pilot Learn to Fly Course and we give you a $50 credit on your account if you purchase the course through us. Just email or call for more information.
- Purchase non-owned aircraft insurance (not required for helicopter students). See this page for more details and an easy link to purchase.
- Get a flight physical - this does NOT have to be done before you start flying.
If you're looking to finance your flight training, here are some possible sources for pilot training financing: